Our facebalm can be used for much more than just a balm for your gua sha massage. It’s excellent as extra protection under your favorite serum or cream, even as a replacement for day and night cream and as a gentle cleansing balm.
How to apply the facebalm
- Start by filling the sink, a quarter full, of hot water, but not so hot that you burn yourself.
- Put your washcloth in the water while you massage your facebalm into the skin.
- Take a small pea-sized amount of facebalm with a spatula or the tip of your Gua Sha. Avoid putting your fingers into the balm because of bacteria.
- Rub your hands together to melt the facebalm.
- Place your hands in front of your nose and close your eyes. Take 10 deep breaths, to allow calm to enter your body.
- Massage the balm well into the skin with circular movements. Spend extra time in areas where the pores tend to clog, such as the nose, chin and forehead.
- When you have massaged the balm well into the skin, remove the washcloth from the water, wring it gently and lay the hot washcloth over your face to steam the skin.
- Let it sit there while you take some deep breaths. If you have very sensitive skin or rosacea, it may not feel good to steam your skin. Do what feels best for you.
- Massage your skin with the washcloth in circular movements so that you thoroughly remove the facebalm.
- If you have used makeup, or your skin doesn’t feel completely clean, then - after cleansing your skin - splash cold water on your face and apply a small amount of facebalm as night cream.
You are now ready to begin your Gua Sha Facial
How to use the facebalm in the morning
In the morning, you can splash a little water on your face and use a soft washcloth during your morning shower, followed by a small amount of facebalm on damp skin.
If your skin feels dry after a short period of time, then apply your facebalm two times. Start by massaging a thin layer into the skin, wait for one minute, and apply another thin layer. Always apply your facebalm on damp skin. This makes the balm penetrate deeper and faster into the skin, while capturing the moisture from the skin’s surface, so your skin feels ”plumper” longer.
The first layer of facebalm penetrates deep into the skin, where the fatty acids immediately begin to repair and renew the skin.
The second layer of facebalm seals the skin barrier so it can keep moisture in and irritants, pollution and bacteria out.
“The skin barrier is an active part of your immune system, and helps you stay healthy every day.”
How to use the face balm in the evening
You have probably already cleaned your skin, so why not make it extra luxurious? Enjoy the two minutes you use to wash the day off. Tanja’s aunt Meta of 70+ has always had the lovely ritual of spending 30 minutes on ”making herself beautiful for the night”, and the result can be seen today. She doesn’t have a single wrinkle!
We are not saying you need to spend 30 minutes on your skin every night. But why not make the most of the time you spend on yourself by doing it with a mindset of self-love rather than obligation?
Enjoy the texture of your facebalm, as you massage it into your skin.
Feel the temperature of the water, the heat of the steam and the texture of the washcloth while you wash and massage the day away.
Appreciate your skin while cleansing it and thank it for taking care of you.
TIP: Facebalm can be used under the eyes and on the lips for extra night care.
You'll find more information about our Facebalm HERE.